Advice On Converting Instagram Followers into Clients
Instagram has become one of the biggest social media platforms with a community who has grown to two million advertisers and 1 billion users. Instagram has become a huge opportunity for businesses to reach their ideal clients. There are several tips to sell on Instagram.
Instagram is one of the most popular platforms used by entrepreneurs for marketing purposes. Potential clients will most likely look at an Instagram page before hiring someone for their services or buying a product from them. This means that you NEED to optimize your Instagram profile to make a good first impression. There are simple things you can do to have an optimized Instagram for sales and increase your income!
Here are 3 tips that will help you sell on Instagram and take your business to the next level!
Your bio needs to tell your potential clients exactly what you do within a few seconds of them landing on your profile. The fact that you love cats is great…BUT sharing unrelated details won't help you sell. Make sure to use the space in your bio in the most effective way possible!
Your bio should include the following:
- Your mission statement-who you help and why.
- Pain and pleasure point-what does your ideal client struggle with and how can you help.
- A link to your website or the product you're trying to sell-use the URL section of your bio, it’s the only place you can have a clickable link to take advantage of it!
- A call to action- invite them to connect with you and tell them how.
Instagram is a social media platform which means you have to be SOCIAL to benefit from it! Make sure you’re constantly engaging and making connections because you never know who and where your next client may be.
- Comment: Make meaningful comments on the picture of people you feel like would be your ideal client; You can give them a compliment, give them feedback or ask them a question.
- Like: Support people you want to attract; The more you give the more you will receive.
- DM: Slip into their DM’s! Reach out to your ideal client by sending them a quality message, NOT an automated or salesy message. Have a real human conversation and build a relationship with them.
People will buy from you when they feel like they know you and can trust you. Use Instagram captions to speak directly to your potential clients.
- Be authentic-your ideal client will buy from you when they know your story and who you truly are.
- Trigger emotion through your captions-emotion is known to influence what we buy.
- Maintain your brand voice throughout your captions; Having a consistent brand voice is a key element to building connections with your ideal clients.
- ALWAYS Include a Call To Action In Your captions - A CTA directs your followers to take a specific action. A few examples of a good CTA could be: “Comment below” or “Visit my website for more information”.
LET PEOPLE IN VIA STORIES
Potential clients and followers will want to see the behind the scenes view of your day and the projects that you work on.
- Show them what resources you’re using.
- Involve your community in your decisions, ask them questions, show them THEY matter to you and that you’ll take their advice on board.
- Show your personality, show that quirky/crazy side of you. If people don’t resonate, then clearly they’re not your ideal audience!
Follow these tips to reach your ideal clients, have an impact and dramatically increase your sales!